Florida Food Handler Course
S.E.R.V.E. Program, Inc. is pleased to provide the highest quality, low cost online food worker training program for the state of Florida. The Florida Food Handler Course is approved by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and is required to be completed by every food worker in the state.
Upon successful completion of your course and test, you will print your Florida Certified Food Handler I.D.
Fully Audio/Visual Learning Experience
The course content is presented using mixed media including on-screen text, video, illustrations, interactivity, and question-and-answer. The entire course is presented in full audio; however, learners may choose to read the narration in partnership with the audio, or read only and mute the narration. The course and test is available in full audio in all languages, with the option of text-only learning, to facilitate the needs of those with hearing loss, vision loss, limited literacy, and learning disabilities. For those students who prefer a hard-copy, a printable version of the training is avialable with the purchase of each Online Food Handler Course.
S.E.R.V.E. Food Handler Training Course Learning Objectives
- Encourages a personal commitment to safe food handling behaviors
- Drives home the connection between food worker behavior and foodborne illness
- Increases commitment to maintaining good personal hygiene
- Teaches essential behaviors to prevent cross-contamination
- Provides understanding of time and temperature controls to promote workplace vigilance
- Encourages personal commitment to a proper response when experiencing exclusion illness symptoms
- Motivates food workers to use proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Helps food workers value their role in the food safety culture
Whether you cook for the general public or your family or yourself, the information contained in this course is beneficial for everyone who prepares food.